Would you like to help Save the Children around the world from the comfort of your own home? I know I am here to spread this wonderful campaign started by Social Good Moms for the betterment of children's well being in developing countries.
Could you believe that in this day and age with the advancement in medical technology, the children mortality rate of preventable diseases is alarming. Diseases such as malaria, pneumonia and diarrhea! When I saw the tweet from Mom Bloggers Club, which is the sister site of Social Good Moms, that caught my attention in regards to this campaign. As a mom, I want to help in any way I can, especially if I can do it from home, as I have my own children to take care of.
There have been A Marathon of Mom's Voices that have collaborated for this great cause and it is a privilege to have signed up to join in this effort to spread the news of this...what seems never ending challenge children and women face today.
We are trying to inform the public of the UN's Millennium Development Goal 4 project which is to reduce child mortality by two-thirds.
Help spread the word...
- Each day an estimated 800 mothers and 18,000 young children die from largely preventable causes.
- In the time left to the MDG target we need to accelerate progress toward achieving MDG 4.
- More than 1 million babies die on their first and only day of life across the world, and 2.9 million in their first month.
- The newborn crisis is much bigger than we may think, with a staggering 1.2 million stillbirthsoccurring during childbirth.
- More than half of these maternal and under-fives deaths take place in locations beset by a high risk of conflict and/or natural disasters.
- 40 million women give birth without any skilled help – that’s more than 100,000 women every day. Even more dramatically, 2 million women a year are entirely alone when giving birth.
- Investing in mothers works. Maternal deaths and child mortality in the most challenging countries of the world are being dramatically cut when efforts are made to improve services for mothers and children.
Join and follow the global conversation to see what people around the world are saying using the hashtag #MDGmomentum.
Hope you can join me in this very noble campaign, because we CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.